Carpaccio of beef with Saturn peach
- Trim the beef and remove the fat or ask your butcher to do so.
- Roll the whole piece of beef very tightly into cling film in the shape of a cylinder, tie a knot at both ends and put in the freezer for 2 hours or until is almost frozen. Place the loaf of bread in the freezer too.
- Take the beef out of the freezer and slice very thinly with a serrated knife, discard the cling film and arrange the slices flat on the bottom of each plate.
- Slive the bread thinly too and place on an oven tray. Toast slowly in an oven at 130C until golden brown, and reserve.
- Wash and cut thinly the spring onions and reserve in icy water. This will make them all crunchy and curly!
- Slice the Saturn peach in half and discard the stone. Place 4 pieces of half peach facing up on a plate and dust with icing sugar. Cut the remaining peaches into cubes.
- In a hot non-stick pan, pour the vegetable oil and the butter, sear the half pieces of peach face down for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Drain and season the spring onions, dispose nicely on the centre of the plate (on top of the beef) add half of the peach and some diced fruits on each plate.
- Drizzle the olive oil and lemon juice on the beef, season well and garnish with the bread wafer….et voila!
400g Sirloin of beef (whole piece)
4 Saturn peaches
1 punnet watercress
3 spring onions
4 table spoon extra virgin olive oil
1 small loaf olive bread
1 tbsp vegetable oil
30 g unsalted butter
Icing sugar for dusting
Ground white pepper