Get a Taste
Baked pears with almond in caramel sauce
- Make a cut along the side of each pear in order to remove a little “wedge”.
- Soften the butter until it becomes a paste and brush each fruit all over. Roll each pear into the caster sugar and place in a baking tray.
- Add a little piece of butter on top of each fruit and fill the tray with the water.
- Bake in a hot oven at 200C for approximately 25 to 30 minutes.
- Toast the flaked almonds quickly in a pan.
- Arrange the pears in a plate, pour the cooking jus on top of the fruits, which is now a caramel sauce. Add the flaked almonds and enjoy when still hot.
- Et Voila!! Simple and effective winter warmer.
If you want to be naughty, add a ball of Vanilla bourbon ice cream with it. Delicious!
4 Williams or Conference pears
60g unsalted butter
100g caster sugar
20 g flaked almond
January is the last “seasonal” month for the pears and we should make the most of it. Why not eating them hot with a caramel sauce? Cold weather and comfort food goes well together.