Chocolate Crisp and Mandarine mousse
- Melt the chocolate on a stove in a Bain Marie and dip the potato Crisp into it.. Let cool down on a baking paper.
- soak the gelatine leaves in cold water to softened and heat up the double cream in a saucepan.
- Press the gelatine in your hands to remove the excess of water and wisk into the double cream until all dissolve.
- Leave the double cream to cool down for at least 20 minutes.
- Bring to simmer the Mandarine puree with the sugar and butter, mix well and let cool down for 10 minutes.
- Mix together the cream and Mandarine mix, whip the egg white to "soft pick" and then fold into the Mandarine mix.
- Pour the Mandarine mousse into a mould and let set in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
- Once cold and set, slice the mousse and make the dessert by alternate the chocolate crisp and slices of mousse.
- Sereve with a orange or other fruit coulis and garnish with Shiso Green or fresh Mint.
Makes 4 Portions
Potato Crisps 80 g
Dark Chocolate 100 g
Clementine Puree 100 g
Unsalted butter 45 g
Double Cream 300 ml
Caster Sugar 2 tsp
Egg Whites 2 each
Gelatine Leaves 2 each